Popular Posts

Monday, February 14, 2011

Buried Treasures are True After All

Buried Treasures are Real After All

I found a treasure the like of which the world has never seen before.

Even those in Solomon’s entire vault pale in comparison.

I have to tell you this (but please keep it between the two of us) for I am helpless to resist

The urge to tell the world how happy I am and Oh so blest.

All my friends from near and far (I haven’t seen you yet) came to see me.

The real ones with faces painted with colors of glee.

The opportunists among them came in droves to make the move

With plans to steal away anything they happen to probe.

But the treasure I found is immensely inexhaustible,

In piles and piles of diamond, rubies and of pure gold.

Half of these are safely stacked away in the high security vaults

In all Swiss banks and nobody else knows the default.

The number of my relatives increased with each passing day,

They all came in noisy disarray trying to find a way,

Not so much to see and say how lucky I must be,

To be the one who found the buried treasure that makes a king of me.

Kidnappers tried to mole themselves away so they may start

To finalize the perfect plan of stowing me away deep into the heart

Of the forest of Tugasanan, the lair of bandits and their elk.

But they could not agree how to divide the ransom they haven’t yet bilked.

So I am safe and so far from danger for all these threats are all bare and empty.

The awesome treasure that Solomon envied till the end of his days,

Is nowhere to be found by those who struggle to snatch it away in immodest haste,

For upon waking up the wind has blown away my dream of an ancient buried treasure chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment