Popular Posts

Friday, February 18, 2011

River in my Mind


A lyrical rendition of a deep longing for that long lost mythical time when man was still in the womb of innocence. Having gone to the outermost limits of knowing the difference between what is good and what is evil, he finds relief in the thought that the homing instinct will in the end prevail.
RIVER IN MY MIND
There is a river running in my mind,
Winding silently towards the sea,
Carrying all my troubles from the grind,
Making me clean and full of glee.
The trees are happy by the riverside,
Blooming verdant leaves so full of life,
Swaying all my troubles in a stride,
Blowing gentle breeze to ease the strife.
 Oh let me fly, let me sail away
 Let me be, back in time one with all.
 Oh let me soar, let me sail away
 Let me be, back in time before the fall.
There is a lifetime waiting to be lived,
Brimming all its pleasures and its pains,
Calling all to welcome and believe,
The power to release us from our chains.
There is a rainbow blazing in the skies,
Reflecting all the colors in my heart,
Warming me all over in my sighs,
Making out of me a living art.
Oh let me fly, let me sail away
Let me be, back in time one with all.
Oh let me soar, let me sail away
Let me be, back in time before the fall.
By: Doy Acedo
1
Liked it
Comments (0)
Currently there are no comments related to "River in My Mind". You have a special honor to be the first commenter. Thanks!
Leave a Comment

Hi there!

Hello!Welcome to Authspot, the spot for creative writing.
Read some stories and poems, and be sure to subscribe to our feed!

Find the Spot

 


Read more: http://authspot.com/poetry/river-in-my-mind/#ixzz1EJELdRzh

No comments:

Post a Comment